WHO IS INCLUDED IN THIS SETTLEMENT? The settlement includes a “Class” or group of people called “Class Members” that consist of all current and former account-holders (based on the Village’s records concerning who is the holder of the account) for residential and commercial accounts of the Village of Tinley Park water system, who paid for water based on the readings taken by a Severn Trent Water Meter installed on the property, for readings taken between January 1, 2010 and September 18, 2019.

WHAT IS THE LAWSUIT ABOUT? Mr. Omar Jaber sued the Village of Tinley Park alleging that some Severn Trent water meters the Village installed to measure the flow of water engaged in “spinning,” resulting in meters recording more water than actually flowed through them such that customers paid for more water than was used. The Village of Tinley Park denies these claims, but to avoid the continued expense of litigation, has agreed to a settlement of the case.

YOU HAVE FOUR CHOICES: (1) Submit a Claim Form. To receive a payment you must complete and submit a claim form such that it is received by NOVEMBER 20, 2019. Claim forms may be submitted online at, or may be dropped off at Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park. Claim Forms are also available on the Village of Tinley Park’s website,, and at Village Hall. (2) Do Nothing. If you do nothing, you will not receive any payment. You will be bound by the Court’s judgment and you will release your claims against the Village of Tinley Park. (3) Exclude Yourself. If you do not want to receive the Settlement benefits, be bound by the Court’s judgment, or release your claims against the Village of Tinley Park, then you must exclude yourself by NOVEMBER 20, 2019. To exclude yourself from the settlement, you must send a letter which states: I hereby wish to exclude myself from the settlement in Omar Jaber v. Village of Tinley Park, Case No. 15 CH 12754. Be sure to include your full name, address, telephone number, your signature, and your account number as it appears on your water bill. You must mail your exclusion request to: First Class, Inc./ J14185-Jaber, 5410 W. Roosevelt Rd., Ste. 222, Chicago, IL 60644-1490. (4) Object. You can object to the proposed Settlement by NOVEMBER 20, 2019. To do so, you must file a written objection with the Circuit Court of Cook County, located at 50 West Washington Street, Room 802, Chicago, IL 60602 inOmar Jaber v. Village of Tinley Park, Case No. 15 CH 12754, together with any supporting papers or briefs, and a statement of whether you or your attorney intend to appear at the Final Approval Hearing. Your written objection must also include your name and address, a sentence confirming that you are a Class Member and the specific reasons why you object to the Settlement. In addition you must mail copies of your filed objection and supporting papers or briefs to the following: (1) Larry D. Drury, LTD., 100 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60602 or John H. Alexander & Assoc., LLC, 55 W. Monroe, Ste. 2455, Chicago, IL 60603 and (2) Querrey & Harrow, LTD., 175 W. Jackson Blvd. Ste. 1600, Chicago, IL 60604.

FINAL APPROVAL HEARING. Judge Anna Loftus, or any judge sitting in her stead, will hold a Final Approval Hearing in this case, Omar Jaber v. Village of Tinley Park, Case No. 15-CH-12754 on DECEMBER 4, 2019 at 10:30 a.m., in Courtroom 2410 of the Cook County Circuit Court, 50 West Washington Street, Chicago, IL 60602, to decide whether to: finally approve this settlement; Class Counsels’ request for attorneys’ fees and costs in the amount of $265,000 for their work on behalf of the Class; and a service award of $5,000 to Omar Jaber for his services on behalf of the Class. You or your attorney may ask to appear and speak at the hearing at your own cost.

MORE INFORMATION. Additional information, including the Settlement Agreement, Claim Forms, and other Court documents may be found on the settlement website and the Village of Tinley Park’s website, If you have additional questions as to how to submit a claim, you may call 1-844-332-8672. You may also email Class Counsel, Larry D. Drury at if you have settlement questions.